(March 21st to April 19th)
1. Learn to meditate. You of all people need to learn how to sit still and just be in the moment.
2. Do something small for someone else everyday. This remind that there is a world outside of your bubble.
(April 20th to May 21st)
1. Talk less, listen more.
2. Make peace with the fact that you can’t control the feelings of other people – only your own.
(May 22nd to June 21st)
1. Learn to confront your feelings instead of hiding or avoiding them. Try doing this through writing, or talking about it with someone.
2. Try new ways to be a better friend, even if it is just small gestures. Tell someone that you’ve been thinking of them, call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
(June 22nd to July 22nd)
1. Work on your ability to forgive. This does not necessarily mean that you have to forgive someone to their face – but it is just as important to forgive someone inside yourself in order to let go of the anger.
2. Commit to a physical activity that lets you blow off some steam at least once a week.
(July 23rd to August 22nd)
1. Develop some more humility by taking a class in a subject you know nothing about but have always been fascinated by.
2. Spend some time with a coworker who you’ve never really talked to much in the past. Ask them questions, remember things about them.
(August 23rd to September 22nd)
1. Stop being on your phone before or in bed. Just STOP. At least half an hour before bed, put your phone somewhere it can’t easily be reached while in bed.
2. Those friends who are always there for you and support you no matter what pay some more attention to them, instead of putting all your energy into people who don’t really make you happy.
(September 23rd to October 22nd)
1. Do not look at your phone when you’re with your friends. If you need to check it every once in a while, fine. But when you’re hanging out with friends, put it on silent and stop looking at it.
2. Stop waiting so long to make decisions. Take some time to think about things if you need to, but your decisions need to happen with a firm ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
(October 23rd to November 22nd)
1. Spend less time on your social media accounts. We’re not saying just to quit it all together, but spend less time.
2. Make time at least once a week for a very specific hobby that is not related to whatever you do at work.
(November 23rd to December 21st)
1. Hold yourself accountable to your goals, resolutions, and ambitions. Talk to your friends about them and reward yourself in small and healthy ways.
2. Be more organized. Don’t turn your life upside down, just try creating little habits that help you to have more control over little details in your life.
(December 22nd to January 20th)
1. Stop answering non-urgent work emails after 7 pm every single night.
2. Consider allowing volunteering to become a part of your life. Help out at a non-profit at least once a month or do some activities that benefit important causes. Just find a way to give back regularly.
(January 21st to February 18th)
1. Make actual eye contact with people around you. Watch and actually see the world around you.
2. Make more time for a humanitarian cause that you might have always been interested in or cared about. Get more involved.
(February 19th to March 20th)
1. Do more things that makes you happy and don’t tell anyone about it. Do it for you.
2. Learn how to truly enjoy your time alone. Even if you really prefer to not be alone, find things that can help you enjoy it. Basically figure out a way to love your own company.